Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

good morning!

i'm now in my second month of officially being an employee here at this full-time office job with a computer, and desk, and a quick view of the outside world (when i lean out my door).

i don't miss the frantic life of freelancing and filmmaking. i don't miss the standing in the rain and crying or laughing about something that soon will seem (and be) a non-issue. and i actually love the routine, setting everything up and having my space be my space - and not trying to make something that is not my space into my space (see: the disgusting floor of a used music/book shop where i had to set up camp in an attempt to balance a budget for a failing film). 

but today i'm tired. and maybe angry. or just tired.

and it's these moments, when i realize that the nice thing in working in ridiculously extreme situations is that i could cry and laugh and sit in the mud and get angry and frustrated and react to things and feel the way i felt - and i can't do that in a nice, clean beige office where niceties trump all. even bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment