Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

so, would this be considered the blue?

yesterday, after working with the wonderful asshole and getting sunburnt, i headed home (after driving the asshole home because he doesn't have a car) and got a message from a director in town who wanted me to 'phone her back regarding a proposition.'

i finally called her back expecting her to ask me to film a rehearsal or edit footage together or help out at a fundraiser or something like that, but, um, no...

she asked me - this is still really crazy - she asked me if i would be in a play she's directing - like a good play. like an effing american classic.

jaw dropped, i sat on the phone with her, completely flattered and flabbergasted.

i told her i had to check my schedule and read the play again (it's an amazing play and when i was still acting i would have injured someone body and soul to get an opportunity like this) and see if i could commit to it as much as i feel it's deserved.

i really don't know what to do. i'm heading to the library today to get a copy.

but really.

wtf?

talk about the unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a spiritual person, as you know, but I think you're throwing out good karma and it's coming back to sit in your lap.

    Hooray!

    ReplyDelete