Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Thursday, February 3, 2011

ruthann r.i.p.

i'm sorry to say that ruthann has passed away. i haven't buried her yet. she still sits in the front of the house, which makes me feel pretty and not at all white trash.

i know she would want me to move on, so i have begun my search. what i'm looking for is simple - something i can buy that's worth much more than i pay and something reliable that will get me through the next few years - at least until i graduate.

the problem i face is my choices are quite limited. one good thing is that (as i recently found out) mama has some good credit. but the possibly bigger problem is that i have a difficult time proving my income. it's not that i don't work, it's simply that i can't really prove it when it comes to forms and all that junk.

at the moment, my occupation is as follows:

theatre reviews (ain't enough to show anything)
babysitting (no check stub)
bookkeeping (ironically, same problem as babysitting)
teaching (i get paid with a $20 bill on my dash every once in a while.)
prank phone calls (not legally allowed to talk about and they do not put ytd on the check stub)
graduate assistant (one day a week and it goes towards school. mama don't get no check.)

so here i sit without a working auto-car.

in the meantime, please say your prayers for dear ruthann. she's been a good friend these past many years. a very good friend indeed.

2 comments: