Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

cat excrement and/or rat droppings

i like harry potter as much as the next guy, but...
"CALLING ALL WIZARDS!!!"

Greetings fellow wizards!

I am currently looking for a slew of wizards to assist me in my daily activities. Duties include, but are not limited to: quidditch, creating new potions and ethers, cleaning up owl droppings, cat excrement, and/or rat droppings. NO SLYTHERIN STUDENTS ALLOWED. SNAPE SUCKS! No first year students please, students of GRYFFINDOR preferred and are encouraged to apply. Must have own broomstick, and a sufficient wand. Please help me combat "HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED".
  • Compensation: 7.25-9.00/HR depending on experience. Salary positions available!
a few questions:
1. ummmm...wtf?
2. how old is the person who wrote this ad?
3. is there an actual job involved?
4. did the word 'pedophilia' leap into anyone else's brain?
5. i'm only a hufflepuff, so does that mean i don't even have a chance?
6. how do i know this wasn't written by volde - 'he who shall not be named' just to lure us in?
7. will harry potter be there?
8. if i'm an excelled first year, can i still apply?
9. how can it possibly pay anything?
10. uh...still...wtf?

so, i wrote an inquiring email to the posting:
Hi,

I saw your ad on Craigslist and I am the wizard you are looking for!!! I'm a Hufflepuff, but still great friends with Gryffindors and I definitely want to combat "He Who Shall Not Be Named."

This sounds like the opportunity I've been waiting for and I can't wait to learn more!

What do I need to do?

Thanks,
laura latchkey copernicus
here's hoping i hear back.

1 comment:

  1. Well, let me know if you hear anything. I wrote back: "Please tell me more about this most interesting position, as I only received an A in Divination and am not able to See more about it. I do have a cat. I still don't know how I apparated in Milwaukee." I thought it was just supposed to be funny and just had to write! Have not received a response though...

    ReplyDelete