Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

more crazy

i interviewed today for the marketing coordinator position. it actually sounds pretty exciting. but when i handed over my resume i almost expected him to point to the door because they don't want crazy people working there.

but he didn't.

it terrifies me to go this far outside my 'dream,' but then again, who knows where the hell it could lead...

and it's not even like the job's been offered to me, so i'm just sitting here stressing or dreaming or thinking that a regular work week would be strange to have again...

but this is how it all began: he went into a wine shop where i had sent in my resume to work part time and he and the owner were talking and the owner said of all the people who had applied (70), i really stood out (even though i didn't even get called for an interview). and since then, "many" people have gone in to say that he should have hired me because I'm "amazing."

yeah...who knows...

but i guess it isn't any crazier than being offered the position of a school marm at a funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment