Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

local celebrity

as you may or may not know, i am a theatre critic for a local weekly magazine. i love this gig, but am well aware of my (very) small contribution to the arts scene here in town.

so you can imagine my complete confusion when i checked my email this morning and read this:

We have our final...auditions this Saturday at 2pm on the Blue Ribbon Stage at the XXX State Fair and I was wondering if you would be available to be a judge??? Please say YES! J

Sorry for the last minute notice, one of our judges from last year who we’d invited back had to pull out and we need a new celebrity (XXX Theatre Critic/Queen) to fill in.

obviously, i cannot pass this up. at all. this is the kind of shit i live for.

(and yes i see that i am a last-minute replacement and who knows how many people turned them down before they lowered their standards and got to me. but hey.)

i've always wanted to be a 'celebrity judge' in any capacity. and to be one at the state fair, and on the blue ribbon stage no less, makes reality even better than the dream.

genius.

on a related note...if they read my bio out loud (yes, i had to turn in a bio) and i have to stand up and wave after the said bio, i will feel like a full fledged douche.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! My prior engagement has alas canceled so I might end up down at the Fair just to watch you judge. And to wave from the audience. Pick a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSL. Just make sure that "full-fledged douche" is included on your read-aloud bio, then you will have beaten them at their own game.

    So wait, what are you judging exactly? Auditions for what? I suppose you probably can't post that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's for a local theatre's christmas show. these are the final auditions. i'm sure i'll regret the choice i make and feel i ruined the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please erin, i would love it if you were there!!! please please please!

    ReplyDelete