Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

lug and tote

two things that make me nervous in life 1. when people call me by my name at unnecessary times. for instance, if i ask someone if they like their ice cream and they respond, 'yes, laura, i do.' i'm immediately taken aback and my stomach starts shaking. and 2. the first day of work because inevitably my impending duties, no matter how simple, completely overwhelm me.

(side note: i did not change one thing about this notice. no, not even the punctuation.)

Identify, Dismantle and Stock New and Used VW Parts

You will be dismantling, identifying, warehousing, stocking ,,labeling, putting into inventory, and stocking VW parts.

We have a warehouse full of
VW parts accumulated over the last 30 some years. You have to help us stock and sell them. A day job . . . some flexibility in hours . . . must lug and tote . . .climb ladders . . .lift and carry 75# parts . . .most are not 75#. . . most are small . . . most parts are new but many are used. You may get dirty . . . a hands on job . . . . . . you must be fast on a computer . . . and you must be mechanically inclined . . .if you cannot figure out the left from the right and the front from the back caliper of a VW ,... sorry, save us both the pain . . .don't think I expect you to know everything but I expect you to know car parts. We don't expect you to be a mechanic.
the pauses are because the large, brute of a man must scream out the duties over all the machine noise as the fellow warehouse workers on break look up from their oily cheese sandwiches and stare blankly at the new girl whose sweaty palms clutch a notebook and pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment