Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Thursday, August 9, 2012

back from the action

i missed work for the first part of the week because i worked on a documentary outside of town. but now, i'm back.

i wore ripped jeans and old t-shirts and clogs and my hair under an old cap. but now, i'm back wearing a hand-me-down white top under a hand-me-down pink cardigan with hand-me-down high-wasted, tapered-ankle mom slacks.

i drove out to farms and talked to farmers about the dry weather and their old donkeys that are 'older than moses' and saw a sweet, little church built in 1819 that now has a 'new preacher who's changing things around here.' but now, i'm back in a beige cubicle.

i found lunch in old gas stations miles from town. but now, i'm back downtown with fast food chains and restaurants and vending machines all around me.

i was only a production assistant on this project, and did whatever they needed me to do. but now, i'm back as only a temp doing whatever they need me to do.

one was much for rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment