Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Monday, August 13, 2012

still lookin alive

the 'look alive' gentleman returned to my cubicle. he only stops about once every few weeks, so this is a record. he just stopped and asked how my weekend was.

i said it was fine. he asked what i did. i would tell you the entire conversation, but it was the same conversation that happens in cubicles all over the world on monday's and it's really boring. but, when i returned with the requisite 'you do anything fun?' he described in detail his entire weekend (not looking at me at all).

but then he forgot what he did on saturday. for the entire day. and he stood there. at my cubicle. leaning on my wall. mumbling to himself wondering what he did.

and then, to sum up, he stated, 'hm...well, i guess it was nothing. i don't know what i did. i had dinner. that was...yeah, i had dinner.' and then he walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment