Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Thursday, March 25, 2010

crazy time indeed

shooting this morning went pretty well. freezing and rainy, the establishment had an odor, and one of the (very minor) roles didn't show up so i had to step in - hilarious. but it went pretty well.

i found an apartment for next week's shoot. called a place i found on craigslist (my go-to place for everything) and the building happens to be owned by a man i cast in my first short film some six years ago. he said i could do anything i wanted. which is very very cool. - (thank you amy for the suggestions)

then, out of the blue, i got a call to do some radio voiceover work. they haven't called since december, even though i've reminded them of my existence a few times, so it was a nice surprise of a paycheck and a relief that they don't hate me or i didn't accidentally or subliminally scream something inappropriate on the air at some point.

and then (this really has been a crazy day) i got a call to set up an interview to start working one on one with kids. the mother of the little girl i worked with recommended me and i left a message a couple weeks ago, but i hadn't heard anything so i completely wrote them off. but the interview's in a couple weeks and i'm really excited - and stressed. there's a seven page application (understandably) and one of the things they ask is to list every job i've had in the last ten years...so...pretty much, i'm screwed. - but it was fun while it lasted. seriously, when i have to list all my jobs and then all my previous residences i look like i'm on the run...hopefully my charm will help them overlook the facts.

1 comment:

  1. I have the hardest time with those applications. Like, do you want part-time work or just full-time? Who keeps all of those addresses handy? So stressful.

    ReplyDelete