Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Saturday, February 6, 2010

it's only temporary

over the years i've had many survival jobs and the majority of those have been as an office temp. but that's a misnomer. none of my temp jobs have actually been temporary. my first in nyc lasted a year and a half (until i quit to be a nanny), my second took two months (until i moved to north carolina), and the third charming time as a temp lasted for another year and a half (until i moved to california). so actually to even consider temping makes me a bit anxious because i don't want to subconsciously give up my life to the horrible world of 9-5.

i really don't want to work in an office, in a stupid rolling chair, at a computer where the keys stick, and drink burnt coffee while talking about some television show. that sedentary tgif 'live for the weekend' 'let's get chinese for lunch' life depresses me.

and it makes me fat.

but, on the other hand, because of my inexplicable skills in the areas of accounting and business, i make much more money and sometimes it just makes a person feel better to wake up in the mornings with something to do.

it's a toss up.

No comments:

Post a Comment