Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Sunday, February 14, 2010

muriel mariel muriel

still on the sofa, feeling sorry for myself. the cold has lessened and am much better, but the aches linger. coughing. sinuses. exhaustion.

but then the angels of valentine's day blessed me (though not in the traditional sense) and i found 'muriel's wedding' on television.

ironic choice for valentine's day, especially on the 'soap' network. but alas, it is one amazingly hilarious and tragic film and it made my day.

'rhonda, before i met you, i'd just stay in my room for hours...and
listen to ABBA songs. sometimes i'd stay in there all day. but since
i've met you, and moved to sydney, i haven't listened to one ABBA
song. it's because now my life's as good as an ABBA song. it's as
good as 'dancing queen.''
nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment