Miss Kubelik, one doesn't get to be a second administrative assistant around here unless he's a pretty good judge of character, and as far as I'm concerned you're tops. I mean, decency-wise and otherwise-wise.

- C. C. Baxter, The Apartment

Monday, February 8, 2010

this fine city...

i never really cared about the goings on in my hometown because all i ever wanted was to get the hell out of dodge. but since returning to dodge, i've been extremely interested and when i heard that there was to be a forum involving the current mayoral candidates, i went (fully shocking my inner child).

eleven people (one no-show) sat on a panel to discuss the arts in our fair town. all very professional, except one gentleman who wore a rather large t-shirt and appeared either drunk or tired. for his opening remarks he mumbled that he was not given the pad of paper and pen earlier promised. and when asked how he sees the next ten years in regards to the growth of the arts in our community, he said he wanted to conserve time by not answering the question.

but, that aside, the evening was pretty inspiring. walking out, i thought about what i'd do if i were in charge of this town.

and then i gagged.

1 comment:

  1. So, who are you favoring? I've met two of the candidates and like them both, while I'm being wooed by a third through email. I haven't a clue who I would vote for if the election were tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete